Serenity Funeral Home, Inc. was founded in 1993 by Reverend Dwight O. Steele, Sr. The first Chapel was opened at 610 Green street, Portsmouth, Va. where we provided professional services to many family and friends in the Hampton Roads area. In 1998 we expanded our vision and moved to the former DMV building at 3950 Turnpike Rd, Portsmouth, Va. at Alexander Corner. Also , during this period we changed our name to Steele- Bullock Funeral Home. Steele- Bullock Funeral Home has served thousands of families with our affordable services with dignity and distinction. We are committed to providing our families with the utmost quality and professional services during their most difficult times.
WHY COME TO US
and cremation services. We will continue to be family owned and operated, and dedicated to the highest ethical standards while providing meaningful & personalized service to each family’s individual needs. We strive to help families acknowledge and cope with the death of their loved one in positive and healthy ways.
It is our mission to provide support & guidance in recognizing a life well-lived, and to assist our community in celebrating the memories of their loved ones. In doing this, we will care for each family with respect & dignity, as if they were our own.
WHY WE ARE DIFFRENT
We know there are other funeral homes in the area to choose from. But we also know that families who turn to us during a time of loss, or for pre-arrangement services experience our very high standards of service. These standards include transparency in business practices and service pricing, as well as:
- Providing families with well-planned funeral arrangements in their time of need.
- Providing comfortable, soothing surroundings where families and friends can gather to remember and celebrate the life of a loved one.
- Helping families in our community to preserve longstanding traditions and customs.
- Offering innovative, truly personalized funeral home services and products.
- Assisting families and individuals making their pre-need plans.
- Reaching out to the greater community with educational seminars and grief support program.
- We offer professional guidance and personal and specialized attention before, during and after the loss of a loved one. Our reputation for honesty and integrity is very well-known, and it is our most valuable asset.
- Traditional Funerals
- Personalized Funerals
- Memorial Services and Graveside Ceremonies
- Various Cremation Service Options
- Veterans’ Funeral Services
- We encourage you to contact us to discuss your family’s unique needs. Each of us is confident that we can, and will, do our utmost to meet – and exceed – your expectations.